Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

DAY 3 (Addendum )

I completely forgot to tell you about one of the highlights of our trip; Raymond, WA. This great little town is the home of the Dairy Queen Oyster Burger. That’s right; five delicious fried oysters plopped atop a hamburger bun complete with secret sauce. This is the only Dairy Queen in the entire U.S. that has oyster burgers on the menu. Well worth the trip.
Unfortunately a few of the museums we wanted to visit were closed, so we turned to The Visitors Guide book. Here’s a jewel right here on page 26. UGLY ED’S AND DEB’S NEW & USED. How can you miss? We walked up the ramp to the store and sure enough, there was Ugly Ed perched on his wooden stool ready to greet us. “Welcome to Ed’s; tools ‘r in the back” he growled. Oh yes! This is meeting all my expectations and more about the place. Inside, the store was packed with “memorabilia”; old pictures, dolls, clothes, trinkets, just about anything you think you would want or need. I ventured back into the tool room where I started to look around. Ed had wandered in and wanted to know what I was looking for. “Do you have any bolt cutters” I asked? “Over there” he said, with a waive of his hand, and then he abruptly turned and walked out. A young girl came over and said “Oh don’t mind him, he’s always a grouch. I think we have some bolt cutters over here”.
The reason that I need a bolt cutter is because during a recent family outing at our son Michael’s home on beautiful Lake Geneva, our grandson Jonathan locked up the paddleboat and then promptly fumbled away the key into seven inches of muck, never to be seen again. And at this very moment, he is attending Air force Fighter Training School at Vance Air Force base in Oklahoma. Go figure.
Well anyway, she led me over to the largest bolt cutters I had ever seen. A brand new pair of red handled bolt cutters with a pair of jaws like Godzilla’s. I’m telling you, these babies could cut through any bolt made by man. With these things I could be the Paul Bunion of locksmiths. For only $29.95 I now have the key to the city. Any city!

No comments:

Post a Comment